Auto Accident FAQs:
Do you have questions? We have answers. Here are some legal FAQs that our team of attorneys often receives from clients.
What should I do immediately after an accident?
There are certain actions you should take right after you have been involved in an automobile accident including:
- Do not refuse any medical treatment at the scene or after. See a doctor immediately or as soon as you can afterwards. Some injuries do not manifest themselves right away. You may find yourself suffering from an injury after a month has passed. You will more likely be covered if you agreed to medical care at the time of the accident.
- Do not accept any responsibility unless you are absolutely certain of everything that happened.
- Call the police to have an accident report generated as soon as possible. Under Florida law, you must tell the investigating officer about the circumstances of the accident. Do not discuss the accident with anyone else at the scene.
- Notify your insurance company and fill out a claim. Keep a copy for your records.
- Take pictures of any damages to your property or your body. It also helps to have pictures of the surroundings at the scene of the accident.
- Contact one of our Accident Injury Attorneys and find out what your rights and responsibilities are.
What is considered a serious injury under the no-fault law?
Serious impairments under the No-Fault Law are defined as an impairment of an important bodily function that affects the person’s ability to lead a normal life. The deciding party as to whether your injury qualifies for this level of severity will be a judge or jury. Permanent injury can include pain that does not resolve after treatment.
How long do I have to file a lawsuit against an at-fault driver?
The victim of an automobile accident has up to four years, in Florida, from the time of the accident to file a claim against an at-fault driver. However, you should not delay in contacting an attorney if you have suffered a significant injury.
How soon do I need to notify my insurance company following an accident?
It is important that you notify your insurance company immediately after being involved in an accident. You should contact them by telephone to explain the incident. You should also fill out a written claim with your insurance carrier as soon as you have all of the facts. Keep a copy of the claim for your own records. Your claim should include:
- Medical costs
- Property damages
- Wage losses
- Any costs directly related to the out-of-pocket expenses
What if my own insurance company refuses to pay for my damages?
If your own insurance company unjustifiably refuses to pay your damages, then you are entitled to sue them. If the court decides in your favor, the insurance company must pay all of your damages, including your auto accident attorney fees and expenses relating to the suit.
To learn more about car accidents in Jacksonville, Florida, please call the law offices of Hardesty, Tyde & Ashton, P.A. today.
Any costs directly related to the accident (out of pocket expenses)
Types of Car Accident Cases Hardesty, Tyde & Ashton, P. A. Handle
- Rear-End Car Accidents
- T-Bone and Side Impact Crashes
- Head-On Accidents
- Roll Over Car Accidents
- Hit and Run
- Pedestrian-Involved Car Crashes
- Uninsured and Under-insured
Common Car Accident Injuries
Many of the most common car accident injuries affecting victims are expensive and painful to treat. It is not uncommon to find victims suffering weeks, months, or even years after the accident has happened. Don’t wait to get the help you need when you find yourself in this situation.
Some of the most common injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Fractures and sprains
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
Are you suffering from any of these in the aftermath of a car accident? You need help from a knowledgeable and winning car accident lawyer that Jacksonville locals can trust.
How Our Jacksonville Car Accident Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help You Win Your Claim
Our lawyers understand what you are going through. The last thing you need to worry about is paperwork, appointments, or even filing deadlines. You have enough to worry about during this difficult time.
Let us help you by doing what we do best, so you can focus on what matters most right now: your recovery. Just some of the ways we can help our clients include:
- Personal injury protection claims
- Bodily injury claims
- Uninsured motorist claims
- Under-insured motorist claims
If you have a serious injury that was the result of someone’s negligence, we will fight aggressively for your right to compensation.
Our legal team can help with:
- Collecting police reports
- Finding and questioning witnesses
- Constructing the accident scene for a better courtroom presentation
- Taking photographs and documenting the damage and injuries thoroughly
- Taking statements from physicians
- Obtaining medical records
- Hiring expert witnesses to review and testify to evidence
- Speaking and negotiating with insurance claims adjusters
Do You Have a Car Accident Lawsuit?
Take a few moments to browse over our car accident services and see just what we can offer in terms of advice for accident and injury claims.
If you are not sure whether you have an accident claim, contact our attorneys for a free consultation. We provide a free case evaluation and can tell you right away if you have a case.
As long as there was a negligent driver, you will likely have a valid claim. The four components to a successful personal injury claim include:
- Proving the other driver owed you a duty of care – such as the duty to stop at a red light.
- Proving the other driver negligently disobeyed that duty of care.
- Proving that the negligence resulted in your injuries.
- Proving that your injuries caused losses (also known as damages).
If you or a loved one was injured in a motor vehicle accident, do not hope that the insurance companies will take your side. Hire our Jacksonville Car Accident attorneys to ensure you get maximum compensation for your injuries.
Our attorneys can meet with you for free today, and there is no obligation to hire us. If you decide to hire us, you do not pay us a fee unless we win your case. You have nothing to lose.
For more video information on Jacksonville car accidents, click here. Or please read the following blogs:
Don’t Do These Three Things After a Car Accident in Jacksonville
Everything You Need to Know About Car Accidents in Jacksonville
What constitutes a personal injury?
The most common personal injury is an auto accident, but the broad definition encompasses any situation where a person suffers harm due to the negligence of another person or entity. Early identification of a personal injury is important to the legal process. Many serious injuries occur each year involving:
– Auto accidents
– Premises liability accidents such as injuries caused by a slip and fall
– Medical malpractice/nursing home injuries
– Wrongful death
– Work-related accidents
– Animal attacks
– Faulty or malfunctioning products (product liability)