Jacksonville Workplace Injury Lawyers
Serving Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach and Clients throughout Northeast Florida
After a workplace injury, all you want to do is heal and get back to work. After all, every day you are away from work is another day without pay or you are rapidly eating up vacation time. You don’t know what will happen with your health, work, finances and more. And unfortunately, the Florida workers injury compensation system is not easy.
That is what the workplace injury lawyers at Hardesty, Tyde, Green & Ashton P.A. are here for. We will help you through the complex process of filing a workers compensation claim and ensure you don’t miss critical deadlines or worse, have your claim denied for a simple error.
Steps to Take After Your Work Place Accident
Immediately after your accident, there are several steps that you must take to ensure your claim is processed, these include:
- Reporting your accident to your employer – You only have so many days to report the injury or illness to your employer. The timeline starts from discovery, so if you didn’t realize you had a work-related illness, you would report it as soon as it was diagnosed.
- See a workers injury compensation approved doctor for your treatment – While you can usually see any doctor of your choice, you want to pick one that works with workers compensation insurance claims.
- Hire a workplace injury attorney – An attorney can assist you with gathering the medical evidence you need, filing your claim, and negotiating with the employer’s insurance company on your behalf. You will get the settlement you deserve and the compensation you need for your medical costs with an attorney by your side.
We Will Get You the Benefits You Need
Most employers’ workers compensation insurance agents will not tell you that there are different benefits available through worker injury compensation coverage. You can collect compensation for things like:
- Lost Wages – Most injured workers are familiar with this benefit, and it is one of the more common claims filed. But, if you are injured and cannot work, your employer’s workers compensation insurance plan will cover lost wages.
- Scars – What most people do not realize is that they may be eligible for compensation for their scars – especially if they happened to the head, face, neck, etc. There is additional compensation available for these types of injuries.
- Specific Losses – Any permanent damage to your body, including if you suffered an amputation or nerve damage that resulted in the permanent loss of a particular body part, you get access to additional compensation for that injury and loss.
- Lump Sum Payouts – If you are injured permanently and cannot return to work, then you may qualify for a lump sum payout also referred to as “Compromise & Release”.
If you take a lump sum payout, you cannot collect any additional workers compensation insurance benefits after that; therefore, you will want to consult an attorney to ensure you are getting the maximum lump sum possible.
What is Covered Under Workers Compensation Insurance?
Most injuries and illnesses that are work-related are covered under workers compensation insurance. As long as the injury occurred under normal work duties, you should be covered.
You may request payments through workers compensation insurance regardless if you were partially or fully at fault for the injury as well.
The only injuries that do not qualify for workers compensation insurance in Florida are:
- Injuries that were intentionally inflicted – such as an attempted suicide.
- Injuries that were caused due to intoxication by alcohol or drugs.
- Injuries that were due to a co-worker attacking you for personal reasons and not work-related.
- Injuries that happened when a person who did not work for the employer attacks you and was not related to the job.
- Injuries that were caused by you breaking the law while at work.
Do I Really Need a Workplace Injury Lawyer?
There are numerous reasons to hire a workers compensation lawyer. If you want maximum compensation for your claim and to make sure that you get the compensation for the areas in which you qualify, then you need an attorney to assist you with your case. A workplace injury lawyer can help you:
- Navigate the complexities of workers compensation insurance in Florida
- Offer free consultations
- Make getting compensation easier
If you have been injured at work, contact our team of workplace injury lawyers at Hardesty, Tyde, Green & Ashton P.A. today. We are here to assist you with your claim and we offer no obligation consultations. Call us at 904-398-2212 now.