Florida Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Serving Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach, and clients throughout Florida
Motorcycle accidents result in some of the most severe injuries. Because there is limited protection available for a motorcycle rider, they are at higher risk for amputations, severe lacerations, burns, and more.
Common Injuries in Motorcycle Accidents
While there are dozens of injuries that a person can suffer from, there are some more common in motorcycle accidents. These include:
- Head Injuries – In a motorcycle accident, the head is most likely to be injured, even if the rider was wearing a helmet. In the event the rider was not wearing a helmet, then he or she could suffer from more significant brain injuries and trauma. In addition to head trauma, there is a risk of whiplash, road rash, and facial scarring.
- Spinal Cord Damage – Motorcycle accidents can damage the spine. This can lead to permanent tingling, numbness or even loss of feeling and control within certain parts of the body. Paralysis can be limited or it can span over an entire region of the body.
- Paralysis – This is one of the most common injuries associated with motorcycle accidents. Because most riders are flung from their bike, they will encounter significant spinal cord damage. This can lead to localized or generalized paralysis.
- Brain Injuries – Traumatic brain injury is common in motorcycle accidents, especially if a rider is not wearing a helmet. The symptoms of this injury include loss of balance, coordination issues, epilepsy, attitude changes, dizziness and even a hard time swallowing.
- Soft Tissue Injuries – This includes injuries to the tendons, muscles, and ligaments, and can involve the neck, whiplash, sore necks, sprains, and strained muscles.
- Chest Injuries – This is the second leading cause of death in motorcycle riders. The damage to the chest area often occurs when the rider is thrown from their bike or pinned under their bike. The force of an impact can also lead to dangerous chest injuries.
- Broken Bones and Fractures – Leg breaks as well as broken hands, wrists, and even ribs are common in motorcycle accidents.
- Road Rash – This type of injury occurs when the rider slides across the pavement. It can be so severe that the rider may require skin grafts.
- Cuts and Lacerations – Minor to severe cuts and lacerations are also very common after a motorcycle accident. With the rider being exposed to so much debris and glass, cuts are bound to happen.
- Burns – In some cases, a rider’s bike may cause a fire, leading to serious (if not fatal) burn injuries.
After a Motorcycle Injury Occurs
Motorcycle accidents clearly can lead to disastrous, life-threatening injuries. These injuries can range from minor to severe and require multiple days in the hospital, numerous surgeries, and long-term rehabilitative care.
Our team of motorcycle accident attorneys at Hardesty, Tyde, Green & Ashton, P. A. will work tirelessly to investigate your motorcycle accident case. We will fight hard for your compensation and we will ensure your losses are covered, including:
- Medical costs
- Physical therapy
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Personal property damage
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death
By knowing your rights, you are a step ahead in the accident claim process. By choosing an experienced Jacksonville attorney who is accustomed to handling these complex types of cases, you increase the likelihood of a fair settlement.
Contact Our Team of Motorcycle Accident Attorneys at Hardesty, Tyde & Ashton, P. A. Today for a Free Consultation
There are numerous challenges that can occur in a motorcycle accident case. Our team of Florida motorcycle accident lawyers at Hardesty, Tyde & Ashton, P.A. can help anticipate those hurdles and ensure your legal rights are protected. If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, you deserve compensation for your injuries and losses.
We are prepared to use our resources and knowledge to represent your case. Contact us today for a free consultation. There is no obligation to hire our team of motorcycle accident attorneys even after you meet with us, so call now.
GET ANSWER NOW
Jacksonville Beach Office
Or schedule an in-office FREE CASE REVIEW
What constitutes a personal injury?
The most common personal injury is an auto accident, but the broad definition encompasses any situation where a person suffers harm due to the negligence of another person or entity. Early identification of a personal injury is important to the legal process. Many serious injuries occur each year involving:
– Auto accidents
– Premises liability accidents such as injuries caused by a slip and fall
– Medical malpractice/nursing home injuries
– Wrongful death
– Work-related accidents
– Animal attacks
– Faulty or malfunctioning products (product liability)