T-Bone or Side-Impact Auto Accidents Injury Attorneys
Serving Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach and clients throughout Florida
A T-bone or side-impact crash is when one vehicle collides with the side of another using its front or rear bumper. These accidents are often referred to as broadside and side-impact collisions.
The damages and injuries in these types of accidents tend to be more severe, especially for the vehicle that receives the side impact. But, the overall severity of the injuries and damages depend on the speed at which the vehicle was traveling.
Causes of T-Bone Accidents
According to the United States Office of Health, Safety, and Security, broadside collisions are responsible for more than 9,000 fatalities each year in the United States. These accidents can occur almost anywhere, including parking lots, intersections, and even turning into traffic. All accidents involve some sort of negligence, and that negligence causes the accident. But, the different causes of these T-bone accidents can vary and may include:
- Poor weather
- Aggressive driving
- Distracted driving
- Failure to obey signals and traffic signs
- Fatigued driving
- Poor road conditions
- Parking lot speeding
- Reckless driving
- Texting while driving
- Turning into traffic without yielding
Sometimes a T-bone accident can also result in a hit and run.
Common Injuries Associated with a T-Bone Accident
The severity of injuries will depend on how fast each vehicle was going at the time of impact as well as where the other vehicle is struck. But, there are common injuries seen in these types of accidents, which include:
- Broken Bones – Because of the speeds involved, it is not uncommon for someone to encounter a broken bone or fractured bone in a side-impact-crash.
- Cuts and Lacerations – These types of accidents often involve broken glass and a lot of debris, which is why victims will suffer from minor to very severe cuts and lacerations – some which may require surgery to repair.
- Whiplash – Drivers and passengers may suffer from whiplash due to the violent jerking motion in a side-impact crash.
- Brain Injuries – From traumatic brain injuries to concussions, it is not uncommon for someone to encounter a brain injury on some level in these types of accidents. If a vehicle is not equipped with side-impact airbags, the level of brain injuries could dramatically increase.
- Fatality – Side impact crashes at high speed could result in a fatality on the side of the vehicle that is struck. This is because a passenger or driver may suffer from crushing or internal bleeding before paramedics can arrive.
- Paralysis – If severe brain or spinal cord injuries occur, a victim may suffer from permanent paralysis, which could leave them paralyzed for the rest of their lives.
What to Do After a T-Bone Crash
Immediately after a side-impact-crash, seek medical attention. Even if you do not think you are injured, you need to be examined. Brain injuries and other injuries may not show symptoms right away but could be life-threatening if they go untreated.
After you have been to the hospital and cleared by a doctor, hire an attorney. A personal injury attorney can help you file your claim with PIP as well as seek compensation from the other party’s insurance carrier. Because side-impact crashes usually result in high damages and costly medical bills, your PIP insurance will not be enough to cover your losses – you need an attorney.
Hire Our Team of Experienced T-Bone or Side Impact Lawyers Today
Time is limited to file your personal injury claim. The Jacksonville Personal Injury Attorneys at Hardesty, Tyde & Ashton P.A. are here to help you file your claim and get the compensation you need. We want you to focus on getting better while our Jacksonville Personal Injury Attorneys handle getting you the compensation you need.
There is no obligation to hire us even after you meet with us, and if you do hire our attorneys, you do not pay us until we win your claim.
Let our experienced car accident attorneys get you the compensation you deserve for medical costs, lost wages, and more. Call us now to schedule your appointment.
GET ANSWER NOW
Jacksonville Beach Office
Or schedule an in-office FREE CASE REVIEW
What constitutes a personal injury?
The most common personal injury is an auto accident, but the broad definition encompasses any situation where a person suffers harm due to the negligence of another person or entity. Early identification of a personal injury is important to the legal process. Many serious injuries occur each year involving:
– Auto accidents
– Premises liability accidents such as injuries caused by a slip and fall
– Medical malpractice/nursing home injuries
– Wrongful death
– Work-related accidents
– Animal attacks
– Faulty or malfunctioning products (product liability)