Types of Auto Accidents
Auto Accident Attorneys Serving Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach, and clients throughout Florida
Car accidents are not a one-size-fits-all situation. In fact, there are dozens of ways to be involved in an accident and most are highly unpredictable.
While they happen suddenly, they are preventable. The biggest cause of car accidents is negligence and when one driver fails to operate a vehicle with caution and respect for the law, they lead to devastating results.
The Different Types of Auto Accidents
At Hardesty, Tyde & Ashton P.A., we have seen our fair share of auto accidents.
Some of the most common types of auto accidents include:
- Rear-End Car Accidents – This is when one driver strikes another from behind. They commonly happen when the front vehicle is at a stop or comes to a sudden stop.
While the situations can vary, it is usually the responsibility of the car that struck from behind to pay for the car in front. There are a variety of reasons why rear-end accidents happen, but the injuries can be more severe to the person than the damage to the vehicle.
- T-Bone Accidents – This type of accident can be deadly. A T-bone crash or side-impact crash at high speeds can lead to severe injuries and fatalities. It occurs when one vehicle strikes the side of another with their front bumper, creating a “T” shape.
- Head-On Collisions – When two cars strike one another driving head-on, the results can be deadly. Vehicles do not even have to be traveling at high speeds for the accident to turn fatal. Even those who survive suffer from more serious injuries than other types of accidents.
- Rollover Accidents – While common with SUVs, this type of accident can also occur with low profile vehicles. When a vehicle is struck or hits an object so hard that it rolls over, this can have traumatic results. Roll-over accidents can involve a single vehicle or multiple vehicles.
- Hit and Run – When a driver is involved in an accident and leaves the scene, this is a hit and run accident. Unfortunately, they are all too common in Florida. While you may think you are out of options, you still have ways to recover your losses regardless if the other driver is ever found.
- Pedestrian-Involved Accidents – These occur when a vehicle strikes a pedestrian or a pedestrian causes an auto accident. They are one of the most complex types of cases and require an attorney.
Injured in a Car Accident in Jacksonville? You Have Rights
If you or a loved one was in an accident, any type of car accident, you have rights. The Jacksonville, FL auto accident attorneys at Hardesty, Tyde & Ashton P.A. are here to protect those rights and help you get the compensation you deserve.
With our attorney, you can recover losses for:
- Medical bills
- Personal property damage
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Rehabilitation or physical therapy
- Loss of companionship
- Funeral and burial costs – if the accident leads to death
Get Decades of Experience on Your Side
The auto accident attorneys at Hardesty, Tyde & Ashton P.A. decades of years of experience dealing with car accident injury cases. We stand up for your rights against pushy insurance claims adjusters and we are here to help so that you can focus on healing.
Car accidents carry a serious financial burden that no one should have to face. If you have been the victim of an accident, do not rely on your insurance or the other party’s insurance to help you with your losses. Instead, hire a car accident lawyer that will aggressively fight for your right to compensation.
Schedule Your Free Consultation with Us Today
Contact us today to schedule your free consultation with our auto accident attorneys in Jacksonville, FL. We can meet with you for free and under no obligation at one of our convenient Jacksonville locations. Call now to get started.
GET ANSWER NOW
Jacksonville Beach Office
Or schedule an in-office FREE CASE REVIEW
What constitutes a personal injury?
The most common personal injury is an auto accident, but the broad definition encompasses any situation where a person suffers harm due to the negligence of another person or entity. Early identification of a personal injury is important to the legal process. Many serious injuries occur each year involving:
– Auto accidents
– Premises liability accidents such as injuries caused by a slip and fall
– Medical malpractice/nursing home injuries
– Wrongful death
– Work-related accidents
– Animal attacks
– Faulty or malfunctioning products (product liability)