Types of Truck Accidents
Truck Accident Injury Lawyers Serving Jacksonville, Jacksonville Beach, and clients throughout Florida
Accidents with semi-trucks can be devastating. Because of their size and weight, a truck can easily destroy a vehicle even at low speeds.
The Common Types of Truck Accidents
Most truck accidents can be prevented. They are caused by negligence, improper maintenance or the inability for a driver to control their semi-truck.
The type of accident that can be encountered depends on a variety of factors, but all of them come with devastating and costly results.
The types of truck accidents that can occur include:
- Rollover Accidents – This is when a semi-truck flips onto its side. This often happens when a driver is speeding and takes a curve or turn too fast. Other times it can be when a semi-truck swerves to miss an object and overcorrects.
- Jack-knife Accidents – These happen for a variety of reasons, whether it is speeding, brake malfunction or even poor weather. The driver will have no control over the truck in these types of accidents.
- Underrides – This is when a vehicle accidentally drives underneath the trailer of a truck. Sometimes the driver may not even be aware a vehicle has become lodged underneath. In this type of accident, there are usually fatalities from the driver that is stuck underneath the trailer.
- Rear-end Accidents – A semi-truck can rear-end a vehicle and cause fatal results. Because they are heavy and require much more distance to come to a complete stop, a driver can easily misjudge how much space they have. Also, if the car in front slams on their brakes too suddenly or cuts the truck off, they may not have time to respond before hitting the rear of the vehicle.
- Motorcycles – Trucks do not just collide with cars; they can collide with pedestrians and even motorcycles. These accidents typically result in a fatality and can be extremely devastating.
- Driving Under the Influence – Whether it is drugs or alcohol, there is an increasing number of truck accidents that involve DUIs.
- Road Hazards – From work zones to road construction, there are a lot of hazards on the road. These hazards can cause a truck to lose control; especially if the driver does not know how to maneuver through these hazards properly.
- Brake and Product Failures – There are a lot of components to a semi-truck, but one of the most important is their brakes. When brakes are not maintained or have a defect, they could lead to the inability to stop and cause fatalities for other drivers on the road.
- Blindspot Accidents – This happens when a driver does not look for vehicles in their blind spot or a car gets into the blind spot of a semi-truck. These “no zone” areas are on the rear and sides of a truck.
- Wide Turn Accidents – Semi-trucks must take wide right-hand turns. While they are moving outward, a car can squeeze in between the truck and the curb, which forces the semi-truck to accidentally crush the vehicle. This can occur because of the car’s negligence or the driver’s failure to look out for cars before making a wide turn.
Hire Our Team of Jacksonville Truck Accident Injury Lawyers for Your Case Now!
If you or a loved one was injured, you deserve justice. The attorneys at Hardesty, Tyde & Ashton, P. A. are here to help you get the compensation you deserve in your truck accident case.
Our team of Jacksonville truck accident injury lawyers offers free, no-obligation consults to truck accident victims and their families. We can meet with you and guide you toward the best action and we will aggressively fight for maximum compensation in your case.
Whether you were in an accident with an 18-wheeler or a smaller commercial truck, our attorneys understand what you are going through and we are here to help. Contact us now for a free case evaluation.
GET ANSWER NOW
Or schedule an in-office FREE CASE REVIEW
What constitutes a personal injury?
The most common personal injury is an auto accident, but the broad definition encompasses any situation where a person suffers harm due to the negligence of another person or entity. Early identification of a personal injury is important to the legal process. Many serious injuries occur each year involving:
– Auto accidents
– Premises liability accidents such as injuries caused by a slip and fall
– Medical malpractice/nursing home injuries
– Wrongful death
– Work-related accidents
– Animal attacks
– Faulty or malfunctioning products (product liability)